Recipe: Israeli couscous salad with grilled veggies
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, plus 2 tbsp reserved oil
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced into 1/8" thick rounds
- 1 green zucchini, sliced into 1/8" thick rounds
- 1 red pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thickly sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook Israeli couscous for 12 minutes or until tender to the bite. Drain well, place in a large bowl and toss with sun-dried tomatoes, reserved oil and salt. Stir occasionally until cool. Meanwhile, heat the barbecue to medium. Toss all the vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper.
2 Grill until vegetables are tender and lightly charred. Allow to cool slightly and chop into 1/4" dice. Stir into the couscous along with the olives, red onion and basil. Serve warm or at room temperature.