Recipe: Mushroom pizza with arugula and truffle oil
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups mixed sliced mushrooms - oyster, crimini, shiitake, wild
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp maldon sea salt
- 1 10-oz thin crust pizza dough ball shaped into a 12" circle
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 tbsp truffle oil for drizzling
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat the oven to 500°F with a pizza stone (or heavy-duty baking sheet turned upside down) on the centre rack.
2 Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir to coat evenly in the oil. Sear for 3 to 4 minutes, until the mushrooms are softened and a little crispy around the edges. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oregano, lemon juice and salt.
3 With the pizza dough rolled out and placed on a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel, use a small palette knife to spread the creme fraiche over the dough. Scatter the mushroom mixture evenly overtop. Sprinkle with the fresh mozzarella and Parmesan.
4 Give the pizza peel a shake to make sure the pizza isn’t sticking and slide it onto the hot stone in the oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the crust is golden and crispy and the cheese is melted.
5 Remove the pizza from the oven with tongs and slide it onto a cutting board. Let the pizza rest for 3 minutes to allow the cheese to set. Top with the baby arugula, drizzle with the truffle oil and season with the pepper. Slice and serve.
Prep and cook time: 1 hour.
Makes one 12" pizza.