If you love soup, you'll love this delicious sorrel & bean soup recipe.
Cure your winter blues with this delicious green bean soup.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 to 3 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/3 cups dried flageolet beans, soaked and cooked, or one 14-oz can, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sorrel leaves, shredded
- 4 tbsp light cream, plus extra for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add the leek and shallots and sweat together for approximately 10 minutes, being careful not to allow them to brown.
2 Add the potato and the stock and bring to a boil; cover the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir in half of the cooked beans.
3 Stir the shredded sorrel leaves into the soup and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then purée the mixture using an immersion blender. Add the remaining whole beans and heat gently.
4 Stir in the cream, taste and season the soup with salt and pepper if desired; serve with an extra swirl of cream.
Prep & cook: 45 minutes
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from Out of the Pod by Vicky Jones.
Recipes Copyright © 2015 Vicky Jones, Photography copyright © 2015 William Reavell. Excerpted by permission of Ryland, Peters & Small and CICO Books. All rights reserved.