Impress your guests by assembling these valençay cheese Napoleons. Image by: Birgit Fauske
Make a meal out of valençay cheese with this simple appetizing recipe.
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally
- 3 apples, sliced as thinly as possible
- 7 oz Valençay, thinly sliced
- Clover honey for drizzling
- Shelled walnuts for garnish
1 Stack 1 piece of the baguette with a few slices of the apple, a slice of the Valençay and a drizzle of honey, layering with another slice of the baguette, apple and more Valençay.
2 Drizzle the stacks with warm clover honey just before serving and garnish with the walnuts.
Tip: To keep the apple slices fresh, dip in a solution of ice water, sugar and lemon juice before assembling.
Prep time: 20 minutes.