Add style to your home decor with quick, easy and affordable updates for every room in your home.
- Put dimmers on light fixtures. Softer lighting adds ambiance.
- Dress up white cabinets by replacing handles with antique or glass pulls.
- Replace standard lighting with something different. If you've got the height and ceiling space, hang a chandelier for instant drama.
- Trade in your old bath mat, shower curtain and hand towels for new ones for an instant bathroom refresher.
- Add a reading corner. All you need is a long-neck floor lamp and comfy chair to curl up in. If you have the space, add a small end table for stacking your must-reads.
- Perk up your bed with a new duvet. Opt for a neutral colour and then jazz it up with bright pillow shams.
- Add an accent wall. Choose a bold shade that complements the colour you already have and cover one wall. A royal purple goes nicely with light grey or pair chocolate brown with off-white or beige. It makes a statement and takes much less time than painting the whole room.
- Find a streamlined laundry solution. Going to the trouble of updating your bedroom can be impeded by an overflowing plastic laundry hamper. Instead, put a hook on the back of a closet door to hang a laundry bag and get it up off the floor and out of sight.