Your wedding day is undeniably one of the most special and important days of your life. It’s a chance to start a life of love with another person and an opportunity to celebrate with family and friends. It may feel like the one day when you can splurge and go all out to help celebrate. But at the same time, weddings can be plain expensive. The cost of food, drinks, flowers, special touches and decorations all add up … and we’re not even adding in the cost of the wedding dress and shoes! Your expenses can blast through your budget quickly – sometimes happening a few months before the big day. It may be a very important day, but it’s also good to remember that it is one day – and a lot of money is spent on one day that will likely fly by.
Thankfully, with a little prep, thoughtfulness and some free time, there are ways to save when it comes to your wedding day. Here are 10 easy ways to save, plus some great ideas for wedding DIY projects.
1 A personalized stamp
Rather than spending the money to get personalized stationery in every aspect for your wedding, think about buying a personalized stamp with your initials and wedding date and stamp envelopes, thank you cards, table cards and menus for a more affordable option. The Penny Paper Co., prices range.
How-To - DIY Decor
10 wedding DIY projects
Save and splurge where it counts with these helpful wedding tips and DIY projects.
- Page 1: A personalized stamp
- Page 2: Use vintage vases, tea cups and bottles
- Page 3: Vintage paper hearts
- Page 4: Use glass jars for ... everything
- Page 5: Print your own table numbers and place cards
- Page 6: Try fabric flowers over real ones
- Page 7: Fonts can be your best friend
- Page 8: Create a candy bar
- Page 9: Add touches of lace
- Page 10: Cake and cupcake toppers