DIY project: Stylish storage cabinet
- Particleboard Sektion wall cabinet in White, 36" x 15" x 30", IKEA, $55.
- Fibreboard Ringhult doors in High Gloss White, 18" x 30", IKEA, $84 each.
- Birch Skaralid base, 15" x 30", IKEA, $59.
- Utrusta push latches, IKEA, $7 per pair.
- Rings, screw eyes, washers and grommets, The Home Depot, $15.
- Rust-Oleum Speciality Metallic spray paint in Gold, The Home Depot, $9.
1 Assemble the Sektion cabinet and attach the Ringhult doors as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Install two Utrusta push latches.
2 Assemble the Skäralid base. Measure and cut 6" off the bottom of each leg using a handsaw. Spray-paint the entire base gold.
3 To make the decorative pulls, use pliers to open each ring, feed onto a screw eye and squeeze shut. Feed a grommet followed by a washer onto each screw eye. Spray-paint the pulls gold. Measure one-third of the way down from each door’s centre and drill a hole the length of the screw eye. Screw the pulls into the holes.