- 1 pound of confectioners' sugar
- 2 large egg whites
1 In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the sugar and egg whites.
2 Mixing on low speed, add up to 1/2 cup water depending on the consistency you want your icing to be. Mix until the icing holds a ribbon-like trail.
3 Place the icing in a piping bag.
A few tips to make the ornaments
- Don't forget to cut out a small hole in each ornament before baking the cookies so you a place to tie them to your tree!
- Make 2 batches of icing: one looser than the other. Use the firmer icing to trace out the contours of the ornaments, and the more fluid one to fill them.
- If you want to correct a line made with icing, do it fast (using a Q-tip) because the icing dries quite quickly.
- Experiment with different icing dyes, and different colored strings for your Christmas tree.
For more delicious recipes from Jennifer Bartoli, visit Chocolate Shavings.