Image: Michael Nangreaves
Keep your laundry room organized with these innovative storage solutions.
Loads of us would say the kitchen is the hub of the home, but at Style at Home, we consider the laundry room to be just as important: In the same way a killer outfit makes you feel prepared to manage the day, a well-appointed and orderly laundry room makes you feel your home is running smoothly.
1. Make use of baskets – those workhorses of virtually every storage system – to corral items that don’t need to be on display.
2. Press any small slivers of space into service by installing hooks for holding laundry-related bits and bobs. Here, brushes are at the ready to make short work of dirt and dust on surfaces.
3. Keep everything in its place with sweet labelled containers. If you’re like me, you’re a sucker for anything that tells you what to do with it – essentially doing your organizing work for you!
4. Hang delicates like scarves and shawls to dry in a small niche reserved for the purpose.
5. Add wheels to your laundry cart for extra versatility; rolling it from here to there means less lifting and carting. This canvas hamper also offers the luxury of cleaning the liner as well as the clothes inside it.
TIP: Laundry rooms, especially those in the basement, always seem cold. So although a waterproof floor is a necessity, address the chill of porcelain tiles by throwing down a runner or mat underfoot in high-traffic areas.