Photography: Janis Nicolay | Design: Ami McKay
Designer Ami McKay gives a pink-loving girl a playful yet refined bedroom scheme that will stand the test of time.
Here, she shares tips for designing a space for a girl who loves the rosy hue — and a dash of boho charm.
1. A tufted bed frame with an upholstered wingback headboard is a sophisticated piece that lends a princess-chic feel.
2. Add a colourful textured toss cushion to imbue the bed with bohemian flair.
3. Choose cream-coloured drapery for a mature element that brightens the room while softening its aesthetic.
4. Start with a space that's clean-lined with a muted palette, so removable oversized floral decals cab be used to add a pretty touch and a hit of interest.
5. Rely on a bold rug to bring a punch of hot pink to the scheme. It can also introduce texture, pattern, warmth and a grounding effect to the room.
6. Bedding in the girly oasis should be calming and quiet but can still boast a pompom fringe that makes a fun statement.
7. Transform a small nook into a stylish workspace. Open shelving above a sleek wood-look desk can provide display space for mementoes, books and objets.
Get the look:
Small Canvas felt basket, $12, canadiantire.ca | Graphic Flowers wall decals, $149 US per 60-piece set, uwdecals.com | Second Life hand-knotted wool 39079 rug, $2,015, elte.com | Skyline Furniture tufted velvet wingback headboard, $820, Wayfair.ca