This tasty rice pilaf is easy to make and takes no time at all.
Use fresh herbs when making this tasty rice pilaf.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp each: roughly chopped fresh sage and fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and softened, about 4 minutes.
2 Add the rice and garlic; cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
3 Stir in the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
4 Remove from the heat; fluff the rice with a fork. Add the basil, sage, thyme, lemon zest and juice and toss with a fork until combined; serve.